At Eagle Vision and Eye clinic, our mission has always been to protect the health of our patients, our team, and our community. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in accordance with the American Optometric Association and CDC guidelines, our office will temporarily discontinue routine eye examinations until further notice as a precaution to reduce the risk of exposure. We will be available for urgent eye issues and sight threatening conditions, cataract and LASIK post ops, urgent glasses needs, and urgent medically necessary scleral contact lens issues. All other visits are being scheduled to later dates.
Urgent In-Office Care: Our providers are evaluating all scheduled appointments to identify patients with urgent eye care needs who need to be seen in our office. Our office will contact you to coordinate if this applies to your needs. If you develop an urgent eye issue that requires an in-office visit, please contact our office at 303-651-2020. We will be checking our messages regularly.
For any patients who do need to come into our office, please be advised of the
following measures we are taking to ensure our collective health and well-being:
Limited Contact: We are significantly limiting the number of patients scheduled each day in our offices so that we can allow for social distancing space between patients. When you arrive at our office we ask that you wait outside the office if weather permits, preferably at least 6 feet from other patients, and a staff member will escort you into the building as patient volume permits.
No extras: We ask that you bring only essential friends and family to your appointment, preferably no more than one guest per patient.
If you or anyone in your immediate family answers "yes" to any of the following questions, we ask that you CALL our office to reschedule your appointment and please refrain from entering our clinic:
· Do you or anyone in your immediate family have a fever of 100.4 or greater?
· Do you or anyone in your immediate family have a respiratory infection, cough, or shortness of breath?
· Have you or anyone in your immediate family had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
· Have you or anyone in your immediate family traveled to a high-impact area (including any Colorado Mountain Resorts or Summit, Eagle, Pitkin, or Gunnison Counties) in the last 2 weeks?
Cleaning, Disinfecting & Supplies: We have enacted even more frequent cleaning and disinfecting standards throughout our office, above and beyond normal OSHA standards.
We are committed to keeping our patients and their families healthy through this challenging and rapidly-changing time. We thank you for your patience as we work out the best ways to care for all of our patients in the safest possible way. Our team is actively monitoring and assessing the developments, and we will provide updates as we have more information.
All our best,
Eagle Vision and Eye Clinic
Frequently Asked Questions
Current Glasses/ Contact Lens Orders: If you have contact lens or glasses orders to be picked up, please stop by during our reduced office hours, which are now Monday-Friday 1-5pm (hours subject to change, please check our website for up to date information). We are also happy to arrange shipping to your home at no additional cost. Please call our office to inquire. If it is not urgent that you receive these goods, please refrain from coming to our office to reduce patient volume.
Contact Lens Orders: If you need to order contact lenses and you have a current prescription, please call our office Monday-Friday 1-5pm and we will arrange to have them shipped to your home at no cost.
· A Note Regarding Contact Lens fits: We are not able to resume routine contact lens fittings at this time. If you were in the middle of a contact lens fitting, we ask that you please refrain from "overwearing" your trial contact lens as serious eye health problems may occur. For example, if you have a monthly disposable contact lens, please dispose of it within one month from the time you received it and resume wearing glasses until we are able to see you for routine eye care. If you do not have eye glasses, please contact our office to have a set of emergency glasses made.
Eye Vitamins, Artificial Tears, etc.: If you need to purchase eye medical supplies, please come during our new reduced office hours which are now Monday-Friday 1-5pm (hours subject to change, please check our website for up to date information).
Prescription Refills: If you need to have a prescription refilled, please contact your pharmacy and they will send us a notice electronically.